Submission Guidelines for Share Your Faith Stories
Thank you for your interest in sharing your faith story. Please read the following guidelines:
Submit your faith story in a Word document. Include “Faith Story Submission” in the subject line of the email. Email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit them as follows:
- Paragraphs single spaced and double space between each paragraph. Do not indent.
- Length of story should be no more than 1000 words.
- Add a brief bio on the bottom of your devotion. Approximately 100 words or less.
- Attach a .jpg photo of yourself and/or one that goes with your story. Image needs to be 600 px wide.
- If the image is yours, please add the phrase in your submission: “I give Share Your Faith Stories rights to use my image.”
- Save each item as a file and label them as such. For example: Sheryl Baker.jpg and Sheryl Baker Faith Story.doc. Author bio should be inside the story doc. DO NOT insert your author photo inside the story document. Attach it as a separate file in the same email.
Story writers are asked to check for comments and reply to them for two weeks after their story is published.
You will be notified of the date your story will post. Please jot this date down. You will not receive another notice unless your story date is changed. When your story posts, please send an email to your friends and family encouraging them to read your story.
When you submit your story for use on Share Your Faith Stories, you agree that the editor has the right to edit, title, and publicize your work.
No financial compensation is offered for your story, but we offer you an opportunity to share God’s amazing work in your life. If one life is changed because of your story, God is glorified.
You may also view them in the Submission Guidelines tab at the top of the page.